Monday, April 11, 2016

Birthday Balloons and More

 

  The Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog is having a birthday-7 years! And to celebrate they were offering 7 gift certificates to their online store this week. Did you know they offer a GC every week? Wow! So this is my entry for their birthday theme even though I was unfortunately too late to enter. I also used this sketch challenge from Freshly Made Sketches:

 I love this sketch and will definitely explore it further when I get more time! I used  one of my newly purchased dies for the balloons and sentiment.


  For my friends at T Stands For Tuesday:




  I met up with my three best friends of well over 40 years for lunch. We met at a diner that is known for its good food and it was that and more. The portions were very generous and the prices good. The menu was extensive and the service excellent! (yes, doggie bags provided:) I'm surprised we managed to eat in between all the laughter and chatter! We then went to the nearby shopping center for a walk thru Hobby Lobby. One of the girls was never there and oh was she like a kid in a candy shoppe:):) (We all do some sort of art and or crafts, sewing, knitting , crocheting...). I didn't have a problem not purchasing after my stamp convention finds:)


At Art Journal Journey we are playing with the theme "For the Record" and I am having a great time seeing what songs everyone is choosing to make a journal page for! Here is another from me:

 The background was done with one of my new stamps. I stamped it using a VersaMark inkpad then sponged several colors of my new Pan pastels over the page. I set it with Workable Fixative by Krylon then finished the page with vintage images,  strips of sewn fabric scraps and printed words from this song:


How I am longing to be by the sea again...

Busy, busy week for me and so this may be the only post I get to this week. If it is, I'm also linking to Paint Party Friday so I can see what everyone is doing there at the end of the week. Have a wonderful week ahead everyone!

" Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand."    Stevie Wonder

29 comments:

  1. My favorite is your art journal ~ wonderfully creative work and of course the song is delightful ~

    Wishing you a Happy Week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the card and can see where both dies will come in handy. But of course, I LOVED the journal page you created. So glad you shared the song, and it seems to fit you, too. I know how much you always want to go to the beach.

    You and your friends look like you had a wonderful meal. I would have gotten a doggie bag, too. Each plate looks like a two day meal to me (grin).

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful art, your super hosting, and your food and drinks with friends with us for T this soon to be Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new journal page, beautiful colours, glad you were able to use your new stash. Thanks for another lovley page for AJJ! That food looks good, yummy, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely and the page is fantastic!!!
    Oh that must have been great to meet them all after such a long period of time!!!
    Wishing you a fun week ...
    a happy T-Day and PPF and
    thank you very much for the fantastic page linked to Art Journal Journey! What a fab song as well!!!

    much love
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another blast from the past! Thanks for sharing the song! More memories....
    Your journal page is great! Love the colours too.
    You and your friends have had a fantastic meal, I can see that. Lots of catching up to do I would say.
    I really like the sketch for the card. I am going to use that sketch as I am cardmaking at the moment.
    Happy T-day, Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see you've had a busy week Linda. Yummy lunch. And that's such a fun song and page. Makes me think of summer. But we are warming up-even though we do have rain. I'll take it over the snow. Have a great T Day! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always great to spend time with friends and it sounds like you had a fabulous time. Oh for a walk through Hobby Lobby. That's one thing I didn't get around to in NY. Looks like your new buys are being put to a very good use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post and fabulous AJJ artwork and great choice of song.. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for that video. I remember that song and enjoyed the blast from the past :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really loving all of these wonderful musical memories ♥ Love those dance moves too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to meet up with your friends and share memories! Happy T for Tuesday.
    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. so much fun to see here! you always have something cheery to share...love your cards (that stamp convention looked awesome!) and the song too. Best friends too...sounds heavenly. happy T day a bit late!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic journal page and song, its a super background as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely lunch, nice song and a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing stuff! Love the journal page :)

    http://beneathmyheartart.blogspot.in/2016/04/working-on-these-frail-is-like-having.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, you must have had a lovely lunch! And I know that feeling like to be in a candy store!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great song and art inspired by it, it's so inspiring with the fabric and sewing. A very festive card too. Your lunch looks so yummy. Happy Friday Linda!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda, I love that you have visited by blog and left such encouraging comments. And I am so pleased I have had to time to visit around today because I can see your creative works of art. I especially like the By the Sea one. What a marvelous background with your new stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You sure have had a busy week. I am visiting from PPF! Very pretty card and I like your journal page too! The food looks great and now I am hungry, lol! Happy PPF, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your fun Linda. Looks like a great lunch. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved the luncheon. I am so taken by food pictures that I might have to start painting plates of food.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely journal page and pretty stamp and card. Great pick of a song.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delightful...girlfriends are the best!! Great song...I have the Bette Middler version. Thanks for sharing your lovely work! Enjoy your busy week!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  24. That journal page is lovely, especially the technique you used for the background! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your journal is lovely and so creative. Meeting up with friends is always so much fun and full of good energy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like you had a great time with your friends.... and the sight of all that food is reminding me it is time for my breakfast.

    Love the colours and stamping on your journal page and fab song too.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great Page .. those were the days, were they not! Great memories all these entries are bringing back for me. Love your card. Nothing like old friends and a good lunch. Hope you are having a great day. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!