Monday, April 4, 2016

Art And Stamping Supplies-Oh My!!

  Before I get to an awesome day at a stamp convention I want to invite you to Art Journal Journey to play along with this month's challenge "For The Record" of which I am guest designer. I am also featured at Try It On Tuesday and have posted a tutorial in this post on gesso resist using the theme of "add a quote" for my project. Would love for you to join in! Links also on the sidebar:)

 Saturday my friend LuAnn and I went to a neighboring town for the annual Heirloom Productions Rubber Stamp Convention and we not only got some awesome things but had a blast oohing and aahing over so many gorgeous creations. Warning- a bit picture heavy here!

 Some booths were very popular and were packed along with long lines. Doesn't look so bad in these shots though. Our first stop was at Our Daily Bread Designs where they offered a 30% off deal for a few hours. Needless to say we were like sardines but LuAnn and I both got what we wanted!

Here's my take away:

 Finally got some of those stitched border dies I have been wanting for SO long! Picked up a few word dies with a matching stamp set too:) The candle set on the lower left was a freebie along with the special discount.

A few samples of the display cards showing some of  the dies I purchased:





                                                aren't they gorgeous??

 Next stop was Impression Obsession's booth where I got this:





  Some new "cover a card" stamps, new ink pads and a set of Pan Pastels!! That starfish card was demoed using the stamp I did buy along with pan pastels. I love those pan pastels!!

Here are a few more card samples:
 Those are the other stamps I bought from top left:  BESusan (minus the dots background stamp); the stamp that is in soft vanilla -CrissCross; and that gorgeous RoseLace stamp I fell in love with! It was very hard to capture the beautiful shimmer using some pearl and iridescent pan pastels in addition to solid colors but these were strictly done with the pastels!


                  A new Staz On ink-Fuschia along with a container of tiny buttons, only two washi tapes(see the display below and you'll see just HOW good I was there:):), and two acetate sheets. I will add colored glitter to the backs and layer to cards.

                      And this is only a corner of the washi tapes-yes $1.99 per roll!!

Where I got my acetate:

 at the Stamp On It Booth which had stunning card samples along with hundreds of these metallic stickers:


One more display to share:

At Heartfelt Creations they had a die for anything you could think of and really breathtaking cards!!

 I will say that LuAnn and I did very well, and I stuck to the  list I had made before going in-except for the 2 washi tapes:):) Now to get a play day going!!

Art Journal Page:

 Inspired by Dina Wakley's books along with the song "Rainy Days and Mondays" by The Carpenters. And how apropos as it is Monday as I'm typing , and a very rainy and gloomy day.
Background and dress are deli paper prints. Raindrop stamp is hand carved.

 Linking to Art Journal Journey, Art It Friday-Show Your face and Paint Party Friday.

And lastly-for my T Stands For Tuesday peeps:

The mug I just switched to (yes, I have Paris on the brain lately) and a homemade breakfast bar (recipe is here).

 Have a super week everyone!!

  "The earth has music for those who listen."   William Shakespeare

















48 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun fun time full of temptation and inspiration!
    You did good sticking to a shopping list dear Linda.
    Ever since I changed my progressive lens glasses I seem to have problems sitting for long periods "reading" lots of verbiage. My neck starts to hurt. Lots of photos are never a problem for me.
    Your Paris mug is lovely and your treat looks tasty too.
    Happy T Day my friend.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I am jealous. I have never been to stamp show but would love to go one day. Looks like you got some super goodies. Have fun playing with them! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! What an event and fun time you and LuAnn had ~ so much to see and lovely creative toys you got ~ Love your creation ~ so beautiful! You are so creative!

    Wishing you peace in each day ~ ^_^

    Wishing you peace in each day ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great adventure!. I would have been so overwhelmed with choices and never been able to make any decisions. You got some great stuff and I can't wait to see what you do with it :) Love the art....one of my favorite songs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Erika, I have never been to a stamp show, but not being much of a stamper, I would not even know where to begin. and those dies are simply INCREDIBLE. I have ONE die for my die cutter, so I am in awe of all those you got.

    Thanks for taking us with you to the show for T this Tuesday. I really enjoyed the show AND the new pieces you created. I am in awe of that Paris mug because I've also got Paris on my mind (thanks to several in the T group using it as a theme in some way or another this week (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time at the stamp show, have fun using all your new goodies at home. Lovely page for AJJ, thanks for hosting! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. this stamp Show must have been overwhelming. i haven´t been on one since years (no one nearby). your wakley inspired page has come out wonderful! happy t-day, linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am jealous too... great and your page for Art Journal Journey is so beautiful done --- great!
    Happy T-Day dear Linda!
    Have a great day and rest of the week!

    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great show! You were very good sticking to your list! I love the things you got, especially the word dies. So useful!
    Never mind photo heavy, I love looking at photos.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been able to get stamps to work well for me :( Paris, though, now that works ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness what photos of goodies!!! Good for you for sticking to your list.. i'm not sure i could have. lol ! Happy happy tday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all your finds its nice to treat ourselves lovely page too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! Linda this sale looks awesome. You have bought some wonderful stamps too. I could stay there all day:-)
    Waiting to see your creations now.
    Happy T day
    Hugs
    SusaN

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my....craft heaven!!!! Well chosen stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how fun are these conventions and what great loot you scored! They've stopped coming to SC, so sad! :( Thanks for the visit recently and good luck in the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Linda you have got me in the mood for Friday at Paris Scrap - I have a list but also some leeway for....shall I say 'unexpected 'items! I love your journal page - looking forward to joining in again when I get back! Your Paris cup and home made breakfast bar look great! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am late catching up Linda, but I have enjoyed reading your post. The craft show looks awesome and it must have been hard to stick to the list you made. Love your song journal page.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Stamp Convention!!
    ♥ from MiSchra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful page dear Linda. I like the nice Lady you have drawn. Very good composition of Colors and textures at the background.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful page like the look of the stamp show I would have been in 7th heaven

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm impressed with you sticking to your list (I'm not counting the two extra washi tapes!) with all that glorious temptation I think you deserve a medal (or two extra washi tapes)

    You are going to have such fun with them all :)

    Totally love the face and those big blue rain drops!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many goodies! I'd have a hard time know what I should buy and not buy. I almost get overwhelmed when there are too many choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fun you seemed to have had! I am not much of a stamper but I can imagine how heady a show like this must be for those who like stamps. I look forward to seeing what you do with them. For the record is a great theme for AJJ and I will try to join in. I think I know that carpenter song. Great face.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super Linda!!!! I love all this post....Thank you for share your happy.

    Lina.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I feel as if I have been on a mini creative vacation here reading your post. The stamp convention looks like fun. Sadly, the convention in my neck of the woods is getting smaller and smaller though I love it. I like what you created for your art journal page! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a stamp paradise you've visited!
    Your Lace stamping especially is fabulous.
    Love the girl painting, too.
    Happy weekend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such conventions are a paradise!! So inspirings!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful and very vintage journal page. Thank you for sharing and big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, so many fun temptations!!!
    Your page turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So much delicious temptation and wonderful choice. You brought some lovely treasures home! Congratulations on being featured too! Your art richly deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an absolutely wonderful time you must have had, Linda, and the items you came home with look like hours of fun ahead. The examples you showed of the stamped cards show how beautifully these stamps can be used. And your own art piece is lovely with the gorgeous deli paper background and dress. Wish I could have gone with you to this fantastic exhibition;

    ReplyDelete
  32. fun shopping all the better with neat purchases! Wonderful page and thanks for the breakfast bar recipe Linda, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Super stash and love your journal page

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have been to stamp shows like this before-oh my are they fun!!! Love the sweet deli papers and hand carved stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You got a great looking loot during your shopping spree at the craft show! I love your rainy days portrait, as well as that Carpenter's song. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looks like it was fun. Very nice stamped cards. Love your piece. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a wonderful haul you got at the stamp convention!! Wow...gorgeous cards and love your " rainy days and mondays" such great memories with all these songs!! Wonderful... I did one but didn't link up. I love this theme! Good job Linda!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  38. Linda, I loved seeing what you purchased at the convention! I feel like I was there with you and wish that I was!!! YAY! And the Carpenters song you picked for your art this month is so awesome! One of my very favorites and perfect for your beautiful work of art! And I want to thank you for stopping by my blog, too! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very eventful! I love the tour of the goodies! Love the journal page too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. oh my gosh,, one could spend a fortune in that store!!!
    The breakfast bars sound wonderful as well,,

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my goodness, look at all of that temptation! You did great almost entirely sticking to your list, I rarely manage that at art stores... You are going to do such incredible art!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Now that's the kind of place I'd like to visit... but oh boy so many goodies it would cost me a fortune. I'd definitely have to have a limit on my purse strings.
    Thanks for sharing... Happy PPF to you

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh what fun to get all those supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Stunning things and a wonderful page with raindrops for rainy days and mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Just responding to your comment- no snow for us Saturday, but COLD. And we have sun today too, but more cold. They are saying rain tomorrow, but it might start off as snow. I will take rain. But warming up a bit. Glad you didn't get lots of accumulation and the sun is back. Have a great new week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Looks like you had a wonderful time there! Oh my, so many stamps and cards and supplies! And what a sweet journal page you created! That breakfast bar looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a fun time! Great photos! TFS! Your art journal page is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!