Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Rainbow of Colors (and some Black and White)


  Hi all! How is everyone doing? Anyone working on/ planning for the upcoming holidays? I've only gotten as far as thinking about Halloween. Just not ready to think of Thanksgiving or Christmas OR the cold weather that will come with them. We've continued to have really nice and mostly warm weather all week long so I have been enjoying sitting outdoors.

 Here's a doodle page I did in my journal while sitting in the sun:


 Haven't decided what to do with it yet. I think I sized it so that if you wish, you can print a copy and color it in yourself! I am linking this to my first entry at the Moo Mania and More Challenge (theme is "show your patterns"). Thanks to Valerie for letting me know about this!

 I'm just getting back in to the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. I did make a card for last week's sketch. Although it was too late to enter my card seen in this post I really love using sketches to design many of my cards. And here is this week's sketch by Kim along with my entry:




 Supplies: white cardstock; assorted patterned papers and stickers; ticket rubber stamp (craftsmart-Michael's); black ink. I am also linking this to the Simon Monday Challenge Blog for the theme "Autumn is in the air".

 For Art Journal Every Day, Art It Friday -Show Your Face, and Paint Party Friday I'm sharing this:


I have no idea why the background looks so gray when it is actually a soft white but anyhow I simply painted the portrait with black acrylic paint and two brushes. Here she is in a rainbow of color:


 I knew I wanted to play with color blocking using a handful of bold colors  to represent the shadows and highlights. This was a fun experiment! When my son saw it he said he immediately thought of this poster:

 It's in the basement/man cave and I actually forgot it was even there since I go down there just to do laundry:)

 My cold wax and oil paintings (one is complete but just needs to dry and two others are a work in progress) are coming along and I am so excited to show you but wow-each of the layers takes FOREVER to dry-I mean like a week or two! This is where patience really comes into play so it's good to have the quick drying acrylics and watercolors to play with in between.

 That's it for now. Looking forward to seeing what you have been doing this past week!

" I kind of view everybody like a rainbow. Everybody on the planet has all the colors of the rainbow inside."             Alexia Fast










38 comments:

  1. Wonderful Doodle, face ..I love those colors ... super! and a lovely card with the sketch!
    Great that the weather was so fine..we had also a few nice days but today it has rained the whole day long...grrr.

    Looking forward to your wax and oil art!

    Happy weekend and happy PPF Linda♥♥♥!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely work here. Your doodle page would fit the 'show your patterns' challenge at Moo Mania and More! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Valerie- I have checked it out and entered. I'll have my son help me set up the badge on my sidebar:)

      Delete
  3. oh that rainbow face is good. I really like the way you added color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I LOVE your rainbow portrait!! Just done with black paint and 2 brushes?! That's really cool ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Halloween card. The challenge sketch was simple, but you have made it complex with the sweet owl and spider and his webs. It's nicely framed too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely work this week Linda, that's a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice paintings. The owl is my favorit ;)
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of wonderful things to see.
    Fabulous face - great colours, loved seeing how it started.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I often doodle faces, too. How talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work! You card is simply adorable! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you are linked to Moo Mania & More Linda!
    Great to have you with us there as well!

    Happy weekend to you♥♥♥
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic and uplifting post. I love it. I adore your pattern play for Moo Mania. Looks like you had fun with it. Of course, the woman you colored was wonderful, and I hate to tell you, if I had to go to the basement to do my laundry, it would NEVER get done. OK, maybe that was an exaggeration, but I'm so glad mine is on the main floor of my house.

    I look forward to seeing your cold wax art. Did you make or buy your cold wax? I plan to make mine, since there are several really good recipes on the internet. And thanks for warning me that each layer takes forever, so I don't try to rush through the process. At least now I know where I can use those oil paints I was gifted with about 8 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I love those blocks of colour for the light and shade on this portrait. She makes a great impact! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun and diverse offering this week, Linda. I love the bright and bold colors you have chosen along with the simple black and white doodles. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are a bit of a tease with the paintings not being dry enough just yet... can't wait to see them... in the meantime I will just have to enjoy the images you have posted here... they are awesome... I love that Halloween piece... that is so sweet and neat... you know I mean neat as a compliment right... I am so messy that I am always incredibly impressed by that level of skill...xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun! Love your words. I was thinking magically delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely set, have a good weekend

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda what great variety today..and that Banner still makes me so happy every time I visit!! Love how the poster matches your gorgeous face, so cool he noted that... Did it subliminally influence you I wonder!! Love the top doodle play too!! As for holidays... they sneak right up on me!! Fun post thanks!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and colourful lady! I am very interested in seeing your cold wax oil paintings when done. I am not very patient and find waiting for watercolours difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a sweet Halloween card. I also LOVE your colorful portrait, and can see why it reminded your son of the poster in your basement. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that cute owl on your Halloween-card! And that face in bold colours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving your rainbow face. So vibrant and playful.
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all wonderful. I love the face in color. Very nice.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful artwork

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  25. A fantastic collection of amazing artwork Linda. It just shows you can adapt so well and create beautiful work.
    Happy belated PPF to you

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remember that TV show (if walls could talk). I had forgotten about that. It was pretty good, wasn't it? I love all your pieces this week. That face is so interesting-and it is a great quote. I really like the hair you gave her too. Enjoy your week and I hope your warm weather continues for awhile longer.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love using sketches, too. It's so fun! And the owl is adorable A! He looks so cute perched on the card. Thank you for sharing your project with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  28. You've been active! That face is cool, great colors.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your Halloween card! We don't have any of those autumn holidays, so autumn is nice and quiet here, although there are some (mainly retailers, and some kids) who are trying to convince us that we need Halloween here too (we don't). For me, autumn is all about colour and nature, and one of my most favourite seasons. I'm really looking forward to seeing your cold wax paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card has such fun images for Halloween. And I love the colorful art! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely creations, especially the Halloween card -- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just wonderful Linda. Love the colours! Thank you for linking up to Show Your Face and for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am amazed at how many techniques you try out and the results are so lovely.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Here at your blog it is a nice place to stay!
    Herzlich Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  35. So fun! I always love how different each of your projects are...from paper to paint.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!